Happy Birthday, Sophie!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 8:12 AM
My baby turns 3 today!

I have been running around like crazy cleaning and preparing. I haven't sat down for more than 5 minutes unless I was driving somewhere. But, here's the end result:

Korben's playing video games and the house is clean and ready for party time!

Inspired by , I decorated Sophie's chair this year, and got her a birthday princess hat and wand.


And further into the "I'm making my own stuff" field, I made a cake for Sophie. To be more specific, I made cupcakes using a nifty silicon mold a friend had, and then used regular chocolate frosting to make the turtle shell and coolwhip to make the green frosting (I hate regular sugar frosting) but it's so hot that even in the few minutes it was out of the fridge to frost, it melted a little. I still need to put eyes on, but oh well! I also made some regular chocolate frosted cupcakes, but this cake is actually 12 cupcakes.



Sophie is currently taking a much-needed (and much-appreciated by me) nap as we wait for guests to arrive for her little party.


She is, of course, sleeping with her mermaid doll that Korben got her for her birthday. :)

My princess woke up just as her first guests arrived, and I gave her her crown to wear.



She'd been pouting at me all day, and since I was having no success getting smiles out of her, I asked for a pout.



Korben helped her start opening presents before I was ready, but here she's cheering about a pony playset from and family.



She held court over all the big kids during the opening... after I convinced Robbie and Korben to stop trying to "help" her open them.



Things quickly degenerated into a tissue-paper fight from the gift bags.



And of course, because I love my daughter, I gave her one of the things I hate the most - play-doh - for her birthday.



Happy birthday, baby!



Thank you to Shanin, Eric, Keri, and Allen and their kids for making her party a success! Keri got some cute pictures of the kids playing dress-up and bed-jumping in the kids' room, so hopefully she'll send those to me so I can share them, too.

0 comments